Attribution

Important note: All the posts on this blog were written by Bob Harwood (AKA 'zendancer') on the forum spiritualteachers.proboards.com. I have merely reposted a collection of them in blog format for the convenience of seekers. Some very small mods were made on occasion to make posts readable outside of the forum setting they were made in.

There really never is a problem

...there's just THIS. Fourteen years ago I spent some time talking to a cool guy I met, a serious Zen student, while traveling through China. We shared a lot of stories while riding together on a train, and at the end of the day I told him about a major problem in my life that I hadn't yet resolved. After I told him about the problem, he looked at me very directly and said very slowly and distinctly, "You don't have a problem!" He said it in a way that totally stopped my mind. I didn;t understand what he was pointing to at the time, but several months later I realized that he was right. I still get a chuckle every time I remember that conversation.